Another Source’s client, Sabey Data Centers, is recruiting a Construction Project Manager to join their new team in Austin, TX. Relocation provided!
This role will be working with Sabey Data Centers, which is one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Being privately-owned may mean that ours is never a household name, but to us, it means a complete focus on building value by serving one customer at a time.
Sabey is building an enduring next-generation company that inspires and values team-member greatness, which is achieved through intentional and strategic focus on optimizing the strengths of individuals and the collective organization. Learn more about benefits/perks below!
Take a closer look at Sabey’s Data Centers in Ashburn, VA:
Learn more about Sabey Data Centers:
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing projects from start to finish. This position is also responsible for determining the budget for projects and monitoring the project for potential cost saving opportunities. The Project Manager reports to the Director of Construction, supervises the Project Engineer and Superintendent and works closely with a variety of subcontractors.
- Managing large complex critical infrastructure construction projects.
- In-depth knowledge of complex electrical and mechanical systems including UPS systems, stand-by power, thermodynamics, air psychometrics, and energy conservation.
- Developing and managing detailed budgets and schedules from preliminary concept plans.
- Knowledge of FM Global process, standards and building codes.
- Ability to cost estimate complex projects.
- Identify cost saving opportunities throughout the project management process.
- Managing and supervising multiple design partners, contractors, and trades.
- Experience with commissioning and integrated testing of complex systems and processes
- Developing, reviewing, implementing, and enforcing Methods of Procedures (MOPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all critical work activities.
- Conducting design and construction meetings with external professionals, internal Sabey employees, and external Sabey customers.
- Collaborate with both external professionals and Sabey personnel.
- Managing bid processes, negotiating change orders, and processing applications for payments.
- Ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Support and collaborate with the Director of Construction.
- Embody the Sabey Core Values.
- 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of construction project management experience required
- Understanding of construction project plans and specifications required
- Experience in the implementation of building infrastructure with mission critical or data center experience preferred
- Proficiency in construction management/scheduling software and thorough knowledge of computer software applications preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Advanced knowledge of the English language – must be able to demonstrate strong written and oral comprehension and expression
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- People management skills – ability to set clear expectations, review progress, provide feedback, and hold others accountable
- Strong organizational skills
Benefits and more:
Sabey offers highly competitive wages. We also offer a competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, voluntary vision, short term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
- Health and Wellness Program: Inspired by the Sabey Family’s passion for Scientific Wellness and the Sabey Executive Team’s deep commitment to provide every team member with the opportunity to become their best selves, we are launching the new SabeyLife: Health and Wellness program to build on the successes of (and lessons learned from) former wellness programs. This program is being launched in 2022, in partnership with a medical doctor, a wellness coach, and an exercise physiologist.
- Thought Patterns for High Performance: This workshop, for all team-members in the company, is about realizing our potential and how to embrace positive change in every part of our lives. Through this workshop, it is our hope that team-members will feel energized and be equipped with the tools to change the way we think, eliminate the stress of change, and perform at even higher levels of excellence.
- Everything DiSC: This workshop, also for all team-members in the company, helps us each to explore our communication styles. Each of us has our own personality, preferences, and styles.
- Built to Last: One of the foundational books that we all read together as a company is “Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies.”
- Training and Development: As part of our SabeyLife portfolio, Sabey encourages and supports ongoing learning and development of its Team Members and is committed to providing resources that allow them to be productive in their work and to develop and grow professionally. We are committed to ensuring that every team member has meaningful opportunities for learning and growth. For those team members who are leading others and leading the organization, we provide opportunities for leadership development, management training, and personalized coaching.
Sabey Corporation and its affiliates may require new hires, as a condition of employment, to produce evidence that they are fully immunized against COVID-19 or submit a bonified medical or religious exemption for not being fully immunized against COVID-19, which will be subject to approval by the Company. Candidates may be required to comply with this requirement in order to be eligible to advance in an open search.
EEO Policy Statement: Sabey Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sabey Data Centers and Sabey Construction, are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, or national origin.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.