Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation, is recruiting a Building Engineer 2 to join their team in Seattle, WA due to an employee retiring. This is a great opportunity to join a solid team with many years of experience under their belt.
Here’s a little about Sabey and the position they are recruiting for:
Sabey Corporation is a 45-year-old privately held, Seattle based full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. The Company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the east coast. If you are interested in joining an organization that rewards individual initiative and promotes career development through life-long learning visit us at www.sabey.com.
The Building Engineer 2 is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the property including oversight on performance of contracted vendors. This position is also responsible for the operation of the property in accordance with the established goals and objectives of Sabey Corporation. The Building Engineer 2 reports to the Senior Property Manager.
- Respond to tenant requests for property management services. Coordinate and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors for crafts, such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, ventilation, electrical, air conditioning, auto mechanic and inspect for completion of assignments.
- Assure that the assigned property is operating safely and efficiently and that all scheduled preventative maintenance functions are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- Develop scope of project – work with vendors to determine pricing on upcoming budget items. Monitor budget and ensure budget is accurate,
- Conduct routine inspections of common areas, mechanical equipment and tenant spaces for cleanliness and good repair.
- Maintain central file system of operating logs, vendor contracts, operating budgets, BOM, Emergency Manuals, etc.
- Maintain g-drive, i-drive, SharePoint, and Yardi,
- Inventory tools and supplies regularly. Maintain onsite stools and equipment,
- Oversee and implement Fire Life Safety Programs established for the property in accordance with local codes. Understand and implement all emergency procedures including familiarizing tenants with these procedures. Serve as Fire Director for properties assigned, implementing all emergency procedures, evacuations and notifications as appropriate.
- Order paper products and other building supplies and materials as needed.
- Coordinate move in/move out of tenants in the Property. Provide access to the Property for vendors, contractors and other tenant move in/move out procedures,
- Submit information on overall repairs and maintenance and capital proposals for consideration in budget process.
- Operate, maintain and monitor energy management systems, perform confidence tests and equipment tests/audits as directed.
- Participate in the duties of the on-call engineer, performed after regular business hours, as assigned.
- Provide information/procedures for the operation of “Building Critical Systems” to be used by the “On-Call Engineer” during the course of responding to after-hours service calls. (Such as HVAC, fire alarm, security systems, tenant and vendor contacts, etc.
- Coordinate security system operations including coordination between vendors and tenants.
- Monitor work quality of exterior vendors including carpet cleaners, window washers, janitorial staff, landscapers, parking lot sweepers and pest control.
- Participate and adhere to the Policy of Procedures as established by the property management group and amended as needed.
- Embody Sabey core values,
- Special projects as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of the English language – oral and written comprehension and expression required,
- Ability to perform labor intensive tasks including but not limited to, climbing ladders, fixing plumbing, painting buildings.
- Ability to interface with technology including operating computers and smart phones – must be able to text, email, send and receive photos.
- Ability to travel between property sites,
- Ability to operate power tools,
- Ability to stoop or crouch for any amount of time,
- Ability to maneuver up to 50 pounds,
- Ability to occasionally work in wet, hot, humid, or cold conditions,
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
- 3+ years' experience providing building services or facilities operation
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid WA state driver’s license, a clean driving record, and auto insurance
- Strong knowledge of the English Language – written and oral comprehension and expression required.
- Customer and personal service skills – knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computer Literacy – working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project.
- Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of Direct Digital Control (DDC) for HVAC.
- Ability to read floor plans, drawings, and schematics.
- Time management skills – must be able to respond promptly to project requests, prioritize assignments, and multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of general construction activities, environmental, health, biohazard, safety/security programs and fire safety practices and procedures.
- Decision making and trouble shooting skills, especially for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience. We also offer a highly competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, bonuses, health and dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Sabey Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Sabey Corporation and its affiliates may require new hires, as a condition of employment, to produce evidence that they are fully immunized against COVID-19 or submit a bonified medical or religious exemption for not being fully immunized against COVID-19, which will be subject to approval by the Company. Candidates may be required to comply with this requirement in order to be eligible to advance in an open search.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.